Philadelphia Mold Remediation & Removal
Everything You Need to Know About Mold Removal & Remediation
Mold is a term used to describe a range of multi-celled fungi that survives by digesting organic materials such as wood and plant debris. To reproduce, mold produces spores, which float around until they find a damp spot to land on and begin to grow. So, your mold problem cannot be solved until you have identified and solved your moisture problem.
Fortunately, solving mold and moisture problems is one of our specialties at TLC Drain & Sewer. In addition to water damage service, we proudly offer mold remediation and repair in Philadelphia and the surrounding areas. Our technicians are fully IICRC certified, meaning you’re guaranteed to receive the highest quality restoration work possible. We are also accredited with the Better Business Bureau, so you already know we provide exemplary customer service. But don’t take our word for it—people in Philadelphia and beyond can’t stop talking about the satisfaction they got by hiring TLC Drain & Sewer. Call today to schedule a free estimate, and get ready to say goodbye to mold for good.
TLC Drain & Sewer is available by phone at (215) 639-7473.
What to Know About Mold Remediation in Philadelphia
Mold hides and thrives in between walls, behind paneling, in carpets, above ceiling tiles, inside ductwork, and other hard-to-reach places. It can also cause a variety of health problems, including allergic reaction, asthma, irritation, and hypersensitivity pneumonitis. Some mold types also produce toxic substances called mycotoxins, All of this is why it is crucial to contact our professionals at TLC at the first sign of mold growth.
At TLC Drain & Sewer, we quickly and thoroughly inspect your property to locate both visible and non-visible mold growth, and to locate the source of moisture that’s causing that mold growth. From there, we will consult with you on a mold remediation plan. Using proper methods of containment and sanitation backed by our specialized equipment, we will return your home or business to a safe and healthy state ASAP.
Our Philadelphia mold restoration service process includes:
- Inspection & Sampling: TLC Drain & Sewer is dedicated to keeping you and your family safe, which is why we provide mold inspection services. If you have a mold or black mold concern, contact us today, and we will inspect your property and take samples as needed.
- Remediation: Our advanced technology allows us to quickly and efficiently remove mold from your home. We will also locate the source of your moisture problem, and discuss ways to resolve your issue as soon as possible. Moisture can enter your home in many ways, from cracks in the walls, to leaky roofing, or as a result of poor ventilation. Whatever the case, TLC will aid and assist you until the problem is solved.
- Cleanup & Removal: After all of the mold has been removed from your property, our team will clean up and leave your home in a better state.
It is important to take care of mold as soon as you suspect you have a moisture problem. As drain and sewer pros, we fully understand the significant damage that comes with leaks and other water/sewage-related issues. Watch out for pooling water around your property, as well as a musty smell, and an increase in allergy symptoms and respiratory irritation, as these are strong indicators that you’re dealing with a mold/moisture problem.
What is Mold Remediation?
Mold remediation refers to the process of removing or cleaning up mold. Because microscopic mold spores naturally exist everywhere, it’s impossible to be truly rid of it. But mold remediation locates mold growth and removes what’s already grown. Then it’s a matter of ensuring the area is not conducive for mold growth.
Myths About Mold Removal
1. Mold removal - The first and biggest myth about mold removal is mold removal itself. There is no such thing as 100% mold removal and that's why it's called mold remediation. Anybody can promise you the world, but we'll be honest with our guarantees and our Philadelphia mold remediation services will get rid of as much mold as possible while remaining honest.
2. It can be done for cheap - If you're getting a lowball offer to get the job done, be wary. Mold remediation requires extensive insurance, worker's comp and equipment that doesn't come cheap. So if they have a very cheap price, it's likely they're cutting corners and that will cost you in other ways.
3. It won't grow back - While we're going to ensure that we get rid of as much mold as possible, it's on you to ensure that it doesn't grow back. There are two tricks to prevent mold growth and that is dehumidification and proper ventilation so buy a dehumidifier, some fans and open your windows.
4. You can't DIY mold remediation - If the job is small, make sure to wear gloves, cover your eyes and seal off the contaminated area from the rest of your home. Use over the counter mold cleaner and a brush and make sure to eradicate the mold and then leave the mold cleaner on until it dries, then wash away with water.
Live Mold-Free, with TLC
TLC is so committed to our customers, we guarantee our work for up to 50 years. We also never pull any bait and switch tactics, tacking on last-minute fees or surcharges after our service process is finished—with us, what you see is what you get. And with 24/7 responses for emergencies, you will always reach someone when you call TLC Drain & Sewer. Contact us today for more information on mold remediation in Philadelphia, and enjoy the superior services, technicians, and results that you deserve.
Great experience! Tech was knowledgeable and efficient and so nice.- Happy Customer
All of the people from TLC were prompt, polite, and effective and took the time to explain exactly what they were doing and why.- Kim
If it wasn’t for their speed and professionalism, the damage would have been 4 times as expensive.- Jason G.
He actually showed up 10 minutes early for our appointment and that NEVER happens- Happy Customer
I’m almost in tears.- Laura