Hydro Excavating in Philadelphia
Call Our Licensed Team Today for Vacuum Excavation
Hydro excavation, also known as vacuum excavation, is the process of removing soil with pressurized water. A precise, eco-friendly, method of excavation, hydro excavating uses an air vacuum and water rather than heavy machinery. As opposed to traditional excavation, it tends to be much more effective at removing large quantities of debris, and is also an extremely accurate way of pinpointing the location of underground pipes.
At TLC Drain & Sewer, we offer cutting-edge hydro excavating in Philadelphia from highly trained and licensed technicians. All our work is guaranteed for up to 50 years, and we use nothing but the latest, industry-leading equipment. Before you go with a traditional excavation method, consider your options, and call our TLC Drain & Sewer to learn more about hydro excavation today.
You may have also heard hydro excavating or vacuum excavation referred to as:
- Soft Digging
- Hydro Vac
- Hydro Trenching
- Safe Digging
- Non-Destructive Digging (NDD)
- Non-Destructive Excavation (NDE)
To request a free estimate, contact us at (215) 639-7473.
About Our Philadelphia Hydro Excavation Process
At TLC Drain & Sewer, our excavation truck is equipped with a vacuum to remove layers of soil from above utilities, and variable-pressure water jetting equipment in our service trucks. These jets can be used to liquefy soil and loosen the compacted ground around it, so that we can then vacuum this mixture right into the device’s debris tank. From there, we will have direct access to your drain and sewer lines, allowing us to make repairs and replacements as needed.
Because there is no large equipment involved, hydro excavation can be used to remove debris in confined spaces that tradition excavation equipment might not be able to reach, or that is crowded with multiple utilities, such as gas, water, power, and telecommunications lines. This makes the process much safer, as it means there is only a small area that needs to be excavated. Hydro excavating can also be used for water/sewer line repairs, pit and conduit cleaning, digging under existing structures, manhole or hydrant cleanouts, debris and sludge removal, and site cleanups. And on top of that, vacuum excavation is one of the most efficient ways of exposing root systems without damaging them. This means trees to be moved or root systems pruned to widen existing roads and footpaths, or to relocate underground pipes without incurring the level of root damage generally associated with manual excavation.
Vacuum Excavation can be used in place of manual excavation across a range of jobs, including:
- Exposing underground utilities
- Installing new underground utilities
- Water/sewer line repairs
- Excavating around trees
- Pit and conduit cleaning
- Digging under existing structures
- Excavation in confined areas
- Manhole or hydrant cleanouts
- Debris and sludge removal
- Site cleanups
- Post holes (including signals and power poles) particularly in heavily serviced areas
- Exposing earthenware inspection openings and raising a shaft to the surface
- Clearing blocked pipes (when used with our jet trucks)
Why Should I Call TLC Drain & Sewer for Hydro Excavating/Non-Destructive Digging?
At TLC Drain & Sewer, we keep our vacuum excavation process as streamlined as humanly possible. We are often able to complete NDD in Philadelphia by digging a trench only a few inches across, allowing us to reach your sewer and pipe lines with minimal disruption to your property. There’s also the costs and risks you save by going with hydro excavation, making it the clear choice over traditional excavation methods.
Top benefits of calling TLC Drain & Sewer for Philadelphia vacuum excavation include:
- It’s Safer: Hydro excavating allows you to avoid the financial liabilities associated with damaging assets. It also reduces the risk of injury to personnel from strikes by service’s cabling (particularly power cables) and minimizes the occupational health risks associated with deep excavation.
- It’s More Flexible: Vacuum excavation is a cost-effective solution for exposing assets in confined spaces, built-up areas, and in congested traffic spots. It can be performed in all weather conditions and operators can dig with precision, offering a less invasive way to uncover pipelines, phone lines, and fiber optics, to excavate for signs and signals and remove debris from manholes.
- It’s Faster and Cheaper: Vacuum excavation is a much faster process than manual digging as you let the equipment do the work. By eliminating unnecessary digging, manpower requirements are reduced, which saves time and money.
- It’s Cleaner: Vacuum excavation breaks up solid ground while simultaneously vacuuming all debris into a holding tank for disposal on completion of the job. This results in minimal impact to our streetscapes and stops soil entering stormwater systems. The result is a clear hole to work with and a clean work site.
Kick Things Into Hydro Mode, with TLC Drain & Sewer!
If you are looking for a fast and efficient way to access utility lines, or to dig a space to lay new piping, you should consider hiring TLC for hydro excavating in Philadelphia and the surrounding communities. Our team is known for delivering exceptional work, without ever tacking on any last-minute fees or hidden surcharges. And with 24/7 emergency service, there’s no way you’ll find a more reliable drain and sewer company than TLC! Call today to request a free estimate, and discover a better way to handle sewer and drain lines.
Great experience! Tech was knowledgeable and efficient and so nice.- Happy Customer
All of the people from TLC were prompt, polite, and effective and took the time to explain exactly what they were doing and why.- Kim
If it wasn’t for their speed and professionalism, the damage would have been 4 times as expensive.- Jason G.
He actually showed up 10 minutes early for our appointment and that NEVER happens- Happy Customer
I’m almost in tears.- Laura